Order your copy from a local bookstore or online here!
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Thank you to all the writers who have shared your plays with us!
Thanks for considering submitting a play for our collection. We have a contract with Applause Books to curate a volume of ten-minute plays:
LineStorm Playwrights present: GO PLAY OUTSIDE
Twenty-Five Short Plays Written for the Great Outdoors
THEME: Plays set and written to be performed outside. Please be as creative as you wish while retaining the spirit of outdoor performance in some sense.
DEADLINE: Thursday, April 1, 2021, or until we have received 200 submissions. (Received to date: 200)
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
WHAT TO SEND in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Title of email: Outside Submissions – Your Name – Your Title(s) (e.g., Outside Submissions – Caryl Churchill – A Number)
- Contact information: name, address, email address
- Bio: under 150 words
- Synopsis: one to three sentences
WHAT TO SEND attached to your email:
- Your ten-minute outdoor play as a PDF document (10 pages or fewer in standard font and formatting). The title page with your contact information plus a character and setting description page are not counted in the 10-page limit.
- Plays chosen for publication will need to be re-sent as Word documents.
PAY: Either $50 per play and one complimentary copy of the book, or three complimentary copies of the book, per playwright, for plays chosen for publication.
If you are from a traditionally underrepresented community, we encourage you to send in your work.
- Plays may not have been previously published, but produced or unproduced plays are fine. The playwright will retain the ability to grant production rights.
- Maximum two submissions per playwright. Please attach both PDF scripts to one email.
- There is no fee to submit.
- Playwrights will be notified by June 1, 2021, if a play has been selected for publication.
Thank you! We look forward to reading your work.
LineStorm Playwrights, in collaboration with: